We’ve gone lentil as anything to bring you this deliciously nutty, healthy side.
Lentils with Roasted Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese
- 1 bunch (1kg) beetroot, trimmed (see note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 60g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- [widget id=”shortcodes-ultimate-3″]
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180C°C fan-forced. Wrap each beetroot in foil. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Set aside to cool. Remove and discard foil. Wearing gloves,
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add lentils and beetroot. Cook, tossing, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add vinegar, cheese and mint. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.